Geospatial Media and Communications announced the winners of this year’s Geospatial World Leadership Awards. The ceremony took place last month, at Geospatial World Forum 2018, in Hyderabad, India.
Steve Berglund, CEO, Trimble, was felicitated with ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ for transforming Trimble from a GNSS, surveying hardware company, to a leading geospatial solutions, and expanding into new verticals, all the while keeping the bottom line profitable.
Howard Lance, CEO, Maxar Corporation, was awarded ‘Geospatial Business Leader of the Year Award’, for his business acumen, valuable direction to EOS industry, and visionary leadership in overall space industry, specifically towards converging and extending value chain of satellite manufacturing, operations, solutions and analytics under one integrated and synergetic umbrella.
Other winners include:
- Geospatial Ambassador of the Year- Dorine Burmanje, Chair of The Executive Board, Dutch Kadaster, The Netherlands
- Making A Difference- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Special Achievement- A S Kiran Kumar, Former Chairman, ISRO
- Geospatial Solutions Company of the Year- AECOM
- Geospatial Technology Company of the Year- HERE
- Enabling Public Policy & Infrastructure- Natural Resources Canada
- National Geospatial Agency of the Year- United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- Geospatial Hub Of The Year- Geovation, UK
- Geospatial Woman Champion of the Year- Anne Hale Miglarese, CEO, Radiant.Earth, USA
Geospatial Media and Communications established the Geospatial World Leadership Awards to recognize and acknowledge geospatial leaders who have gone an extra mile and paved the way for our industry to follow.