TatukGIS has released version 11 of its GIS software development kit for ActiveX edition, with updated trial version and source code samples for evaluators. The Developer Kernel 11 for ActiveX is available to customers with license maintenance plan and for purchase by others.
Though the ActiveX technology has been around for a while, some customers continue to use ActiveX to maintain legacy software products or just to postpone the costs of converting their GIS development from something that works to a new technology. For these customers, the DK 11 for ActiveX continues support also for Visual Basic 6 (VB6). For customers considering ActiveX alternatives, TatukGIS offers pathways to more modern development platforms that do not require learning a new GIS technology. The TatukGIS SDK edition for each supported development platform features the same API, structure, and logic that every DK developer already knows. Furthermore, with version 11, DK for ActiveX code is even more similar to the DK for NET edition.
The Developer Kernel for ActiveX 11 adds:
• Redesigned and extended support for pixel operations and grid analysis
• Vector-to-grid interpolation algorithms for Kriging, IDW, Splines, and Heatmaps
• Viewshed and above-ground-level (AGL) visibility analysis
• Slope analysis
• Powerful built-in line style editor, extended line styling
• 700+ item SVG symbols library, S-57 nautical symbols
• Enhanced GeoTiff support
• Enhanced 3D support, new support for PLY and STL 3D data formats
• Redesigned and improved visual layer property controls
• GPU rendering, 4K monitor support (if applicable)
• Dedicated DK documentation web site with full API documentation, API overview, what’s new section, migration guide, and several dozen source code samples
The DK for ActiveX edition is member of the suite of TatukGIS Developer Kernel product editions designed for multiple platforms to develop GIS applications for multiple operating systems.