Micromine is set to release the latest version of its 3D modelling and mine planning software Micromine, in Q2 2018.
Miners are provided easy-to-use modelling, estimation and design tools to simplify day-to-day production tasks. Micromine 2018 allows users to capture, manage and interpret critical data, and is relevant to all stages of the mineral extraction process. It has been built with the user in mind and includes a range of new features and enhancements that increase the overall usability and performance of the software.
Some of the new features and enhancements users can expect to see in Micromine 2018 include:
- A new licensing system, which works with or without a dongle and includes the ability to temporarily borrow a network licence without the need for a dongle or persistent network connection.
- Block extents, a new tool to visually adjust the extents of a block model. Automatically aligns extents to Restriction wireframe (where present), or to the extents of a nominated wireframe or DATA file.
- Search Ellipsoid, a new tool to visually adjust the position, orientation, size, and anisotropy of the Vizex search ellipsoid.
- Variogram Map and Chart semi-variogram, New Auto calculate automates the selection of initial values for displaying a variogram map or variogram chart.
- Changes to the File Editor/DATA file, combining the capabilities of the old structure editor (replicate, increment, copy/paste) with new dialog options (undo/redo, sort, move up/down).
- Added new string smoothing methods to Strings function.
Micromine Product Strategy Manager Paul Hooykaas commented “we are really excited at the new features and enhancements for Micromine 2018 and we feel these changes will greatly increase the overall usability of the software.”
“The goal has always been to assist to make our client’s job easier, Micromine 2018 has the necessary tools to achieve this.” Hooykaas added.
Micromine 2018 is scheduled for release in Q2 2018.