GeoIgnite, Canada’s National Geospatial Conference, will be back on April 21-23rd. The conference is free and the first three days are presented bilingually in French and English for the first time.
With the theme “Leadership and Geospatial Intelligence,” the conference continues to be the platform for conversations and discussion on the future of Canada’s location and technology sector. However, given the huge interest it has been able to generate within the community, the conference is spread over several days now.
It starts with a Career Fair and Diversity Leadership Panel on April 14, followed by the three-day main conference starting April 21 that will have four major keynotes, three panels, and one fireside chat. There is one full week of workshops from April 26-30th that will focus on trainings, meetings, summits, and forums.
The event is Free for all Canadian geo enthusiasts.
In A Nutshell
- The conference is online and free
- Canadian Perspectives: The Power of Geospatial Literacy for Space, Earth Observation and Education Summit
- Geospatial Diversity Leadership Panel
- GeoIgnite Career Fair April 14th
- Canadian Underground Infrastructure Mapping Forum
- Exclusive Director Generals panel discussion on News from the Budget
- Bilingual with live translation
“In Canada we have many great Regional Conferences, however the geomatics sector doesn’t really have a venue that brings people from coast to coast together. GeoIgnite has demonstrated that it can bring people together from across Canada,” says Ted MacKinnon, President, Canadian Cartographic Association.