The 19th Annual International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF), taking place in Denver, Colorado, USA, January 28-30, 2019, has announced a Call for Speakers and invites interested parties to submit their presentation abstracts by Monday, July 16, 2018. ILMF is a technical conference and exhibition focused on innovative surveying and mapping technologies including airborne, mobile and bathymetric LiDAR, as well as other emerging remote sensing capabilities.
Airborne, mobile, and underwater measurement and monitoring operations are being aided by new tools and technologies, all of which are addressed at ILMF. Featured technologies include airborne and mobile LiDAR systems, as well as emerging unmanned platforms including fixed-wing and rotary aircraft. Other relevant technologies include topo-bathymetric mapping solutions, Geiger-mode and single photon LiDAR, multi and hyperspectral imaging. Data processing content addresses the latest innovations in photogrammetry, data integration, data quality control (QC), advanced post-processing approaches, data analysis/exploitation and updates on data interoperability.
Presentation topics may include commercial operations involving asset management, infrastructure inspection and maintenance for utilities, process & power, coastal zone mapping and surveying, emergency/disaster response, land and natural resource management, 3D urban modeling, construction verification and site documentation.
We invite presentation abstracts addressing the following topics. Client-focused, solutions-oriented case studies featuring recent project examples presented by owner/operators are given priority for selection.
- Data Acquisition of LiDAR (ex. airborne, mobile, handheld and bathymetric), imagery, etc.
- LiDAR sensor developments including: Single Photon LiDAR (SPL), FLASH and Geiger-mode technologies; multi-sensor data collection platforms, etc.
- Data Integration of LiDAR, photogrammetry, survey data and other remotely-sensed data products
- Open source LiDAR data processing and visualization approaches
- Data Processing Approaches: Structure from Motion (SfM); Dense Image Matching, etc.
- Data Visualization innovations including Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
- Point cloud editing and management; data classification and automated feature extraction; data QC
- Unmanned platform developments & applications; comparisons of manned vs. unmanned operations
- Autonomous Vehicle technologies / approaches supporting passenger safety and navigation capabilities
- Emerging technologies in remote sensing and mapping; imagery spectral analysis
- Cloud-based geospatial data fusion and data management approaches
- Mobile and portable (handheld) mapping / Survey best practices and lessons learned
- Industry challenges and potential solutions
The ILMF Advisory Board will review each abstract and the final program will be announced in September. Vendor product presentations are welcome in the ‘Product Preview’ section of the program and will not be accepted for the main program.
ILMF is growing, with more than 1,500 professionals from all 50 U.S. states and 34 countries participating in 2018.
Please submit your abstract by July 16, 2018.