Applanix Announces POSPac MMS 8 Featuring Post-Processed Trimble CenterPoint RTX Service for High-Accuracy Mobile Mapping
Applanix introduced POSPac MMS 8, the next generation of GNSS-Aided Inertial post-processing software for georeferencing data collected from cameras, LIDARs, multi-beam sonars and other sensors on mobile platforms.
The announcement was made at INTERGEO 2016.
Using the Trimble CenterPoint RTX subscription service with the RTX technology, POSPac MMS 8 delivers significant new benefits for mobile mapping from land, air, marine and UAV platforms:
- Achieve centimeter-level accuracy within one hour after data collection with just an internet connection – no need to wait for delivery of public-domain ephemeris data, providing significant productivity gains
- Map inaccessible regions that have no existing Continuously Operation Reference Stations (CORS) without the cost of deploying local base stations
- Attain consistent and reliable uptime using Trimble’s professionally managed, highly maintained private network
- Automatically survey in dedicated base stations direct from POSPac – streamline map production workflow
“Applanix has a solid track record of delivering new and innovative solutions to its customers to solve their business needs,” said Joe Hutton, Director of Inertial Technology and Airborne Products at Applanix Corporation. “By integrating the Trimble RTX technology into POSPac MMS we are able to continue this tradition and offer our customers something that is truly unique and promises a whole new level of accuracy and efficiency.”
POSPac MMS 8 also includes several new features to make deployment simpler and more efficient:
- Avoid rework using the “know before you go” Quality Control software– POSPac 8 now includes a separate QC software that can be commuted to the field for running Quality Control on the GNSS observations to ensure accuracy specifications can be met before leaving the project area
- Single floating software license provides increased flexibility by setting up any computer to act as a server, share a single license across a network or between computers
- Faster throughput with 64-bit processing
POSPac MMS 8 is expected to be available worldwide in the fourth quarter of 2016 through the Applanix sales channel.